[mythtv-users] MythTVCast podcast

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Wed Apr 29 14:01:43 UTC 2009

> From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-
> bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Davila
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:39 AM
> Subject: [mythtv-users] MythTVCast podcast
>
> You can subscribe via the feed:
> http://www.mythtvcast.com/rss.php

Subscribed! :-)

I just listened to the first episode and I liked it.

Here is my 2 cents.

I am not sure what your plans are for the show, but I really enjoyed the
Month of MythTV that you guys did with TLLTS. It was really interesting
to hear from the developers of various projects and what they are doing
to improve the MythTV experience. I would love to hear more. I don't
think it would be feasible to have a new guest every week, but I really
liked that.

I also think it would be cool to have a "news" section of any
interesting additions/bugs_fixed/bugs_found that has happened in the
last week or so. There is a lot of traffic and updates for MythTV so I
am not asking for a full run down (way too much information for most
people) but a short highlight would be cool. Kinda like how the Linux
Journal has the "Diff -u: What's new in Kernel Development" section; an
entire month of kernel updates in like 5 paragraphs.

Lastly, if you guys could do reviews for products that would be awesome!
I know you guys have done product reviews for TLLTS so hopefully some of
your contacts can hook you guys up with some demos. For example, the ION
desktops. There have been dozens[1] of responses to several threads in
the last couple of weeks about how well they will work for a
VDPAU-enabled frontend. I think there are four or five of them out now
and any of them would be a good review to see if they work or not.

Thanks for the webcast! I look forward to the next one.
~Stack~

[1]
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_resul
ts&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=ION&search_type=AND