[mythtv-users] NVidia driver 180 does not use my modeline

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:56:34 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/29 Niels Dybdahl <ndylist at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for the tips. I got a little further yesterday. I managed to make the
> driver accept some of my modelines. Unfortunately only 60 Hz modelines until
> now and I am in PAL country...

Yeah, that's another nvidia oddities ; you need to disable the GPU
scaling in nvidia-settings or add a line like:
Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Centered"

in the Screen section.

Some of the stuff you learn playing with the nvidia config.

No idea why if you have GPU scaling, then only 60Hz seems to work

> So if the wiki is right that there is a problem with the 180 driver if the
> videofrequency and the monitor frequency do not fit, then I have to make a
> 50 Hz modeline work.
> I have looked through the modeline database in the wiki and there is not a
> single modeline for 1360x768 at 50. Surprising as I do not expect to be the
> only one having a 1366x768 TV in Europe.

This is not a resolution that falls into any standard ... So there's
no unique modeline for that one