[mythtv-users] Key bindings for internal DVD player - "dvd root menu"

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Apr 29 01:49:20 UTC 2009

> This should be really simple, but I haven't been able to find it. What is
> the key for "dvd root menu" on the internal DVD player of MythTV?

I'm not sure what the default key binding is, but the name for the
Also, what I found was handy was to issue a CLEAROSD keypress first,
as the menu key doesn't seem to register if certain OSD elements are
on screen (or at least thats what I recall).

I too use the internal DVD player, mostly for the fact that the user
interface, keys, and behavior is the same. It mostly works fine,
though I do have the occasional DVD that won't work right unless I do
some trick (like skip to the main menu instead of watching the
previews, or sometime the opposite is required). Most often it's a
libdvdnav problem ("RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles are NOT handled yet")