[mythtv-users] How do I install an older nvidia driver on Fedora 10?

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:04:48 UTC 2009

Due to a bug in the newest nvidia driver (v 180 see
I want to install an older version (e.g v 177). I have my driver from
rpmfusion.org, but in that repository there is no older driver compiled for
my kernel.
I have tried to install an older version from nvidia.com. However it can not
find any precompiled kernel module and when it tries to compile one it fails
with errors like:

error: asm/semaphore.h: No such file or folder
error: too many arguments to function 'smp_call_function'

What is the easiest way to get an older driver running? Try to change to an
older kernel?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl