[mythtv-users] Dual-tuner MythTV changes channels mid-recording

Rich Christiansen rich at byu.net
Tue Apr 28 17:43:26 UTC 2009

Hey all,

Just thought I'd report back.  My original problem was that ever since I
added a second PVR-150 to my setup, my MythTV box would change channels
mid-recording.  Well, I tried deleting and re-adding the cards, but that
didn't work.  I tried reinstalling everything from scratch which didn't
work.

Then, while doing some experimentation, it hit me.  I had to update my
ivtv-tune external channel change command.  Duh.

I was using:
"ivtv-tune -c"

This assumes /dev/video0, which is fine and dandy if you only have one
tuner.

Since I have two tuners now, I had to change the command for the first
tuner (/dev/video0) to:
"ivtv-tune -d /dev/video0 -c"

and for /dev/video1 to:
"ivtv-tune -d /dev/video1 -c"