[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback stuttering when XvMC playback is just fine?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:06:21 UTC 2009

I just rolled back the nvidia driver to the 180.44 driver that is in
Jean-Yves repository and that cleared things up for me. I forgot to
mention I was also having macroblocking during playback with me h264
videos, and rolling back the driver cleared it up for me. This is
surprising to me because I thought I read somewhere that 180.51 was
listed as stable. I haven't had any problems with the nvidia drivers
since 180.3x and then when they declare it stable then I have
problems. If you are using 180.51 you may want to rollback to the
previous driver and see if that clears up your problem.