[mythtv-users] uPNP Stream to PS3 woes

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Tue Apr 28 04:18:11 UTC 2009

Michael Craven wrote:
> I guess I want to try moving the AVC and AAC streams contained in the TS
> files (called MPG by Myth) into an MP4 container, replacing the MPG that
> MythTV originally created. I'm hoping that will stream successfully to
> the PS3...

I can't help you out with this - I know the PS3 is very picky about what
it will play unfortunately.  You might look into running a separate uPNP
server that will transcode on the fly - I don't know of any linux ones,
but google may be able to help.

> in Mythfrontend, there is a menu for 'Media Library' --> 'Watch Videos'.
> How do I import an existing video into that directory? Where is that
> directory by default?

In the frontend, go to Setup -> Media Setup -> Videos Setup -> General
Settings.  First screen should show you where files need to be.  If you
don't set it up to browse the file tree, you'll have to do a scan before
you can see any videos.

More info available on the wiki: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo

FYI - top posting is frowned upon on this list.  A lot of people get
very upset about it, so my advice is...When in Rome.  (FWIW, I'm as
Roman as they come in this instance, but I practice a lot more tolerance
than some of my "countrymen")

Greg