[mythtv-users] uPNP Stream to PS3 woes

Michael Craven mcraven at zone4solutions.com
Tue Apr 28 03:42:30 UTC 2009

OK... MythTV is dumping TS files containing AVC/AAC to my storage
directory (calls them MPG) but my PS3 barfs when I ask the Myth uPNP
server to stream them to the PS3 uPNP client. I have an MP4 that I
created a while back for the kids that has AVC and AAC and it streams to
the PS3 fine from another uPNP server in my network.

I guess I want to try moving the AVC and AAC streams contained in the TS
files (called MPG by Myth) into an MP4 container, replacing the MPG that
MythTV originally created. I'm hoping that will stream successfully to
the PS3...

I've seen many posts/threads/how-tos about stuff like this but, being
weak at video processing in Linux and new to Myth, I'm not sure which
resource to follow. Most of what I found talks about transcoding into a
new container but I don't want to transcode the streams... I just want
to demux and remux into an MP4.

Anyone care to lend a hand by pointing me in the right direction? Also,
in Mythfrontend, there is a menu for 'Media Library' --> 'Watch Videos'.
How do I import an existing video into that directory? Where is that
directory by default?

Many thanx... almost there (I think :) )