[mythtv-users] Asus P5E-VM HDMI G35 video config

Andy Burns mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Mon Apr 27 22:57:22 UTC 2009

2009/4/26 Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com>:

> I have just installed a Mythdora 10 frontend on a box using the
> above-mentioned mobo.  I get no graphics when using HDMI to my TV (JVC
> LT-Z46ZF7)--only when using VGA.

I have the same motherboard, I don't use mythdora, but I do use fedora
plus myth from atrpms,
I do have graphics working using HDMI to my Toshiba TV

> I'm really not sure how to being troubleshooting this.  I'm pretty sure the
> intel drivers are installed (xorg-x11-drv-i810 in yum--version 2.5 is
> install though Intel's site lists 2.7 as the latest version)

with F10 I can't use openGL, and there is a little bit of video tearing using Xv

I've recently tried the F11 rawhide which does include 2.7, and the
openGL is better, but still not perfect, however the Xv is now very
good with no tearing,

I had to disable kernel modesetting.

There is a bit of audio buffering problems, but I don't want to make
this into an anti-pulseaudio topic.

> but I don't
> know how to configure the box so the drivers are actually being used.  There
> is apparently no xorg.conf in a default Mythdora frontend install.

xorg can happpily run without a config file in most cases now.