[mythtv-users] Fixing incorrect metadata (subtitles)

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:17:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a too-frequent basis, I find that I need to update my database to correct
> for missing subtitles on recordings.  This happens because SchedulesDirect
> doesn't get the info, I presume.

I've found that for some shows on some channels, SchedulesDirect may
have generic data up until a 1 or so before the showing.  I would
sometimes miss these shows because of my "exclude generic episodes"
filter.  I was using the option where I let SchedulesDirect decide
when next to run mythfilldatabase, and this may have caused episodes
to still appear generic at their airing times.  As a test, if you see
a generic episode in today's listings, I would suggest manually
running mythfilldatabase and see if it changes to a specific episode.
If that's the case, then you might want to try exerting more control
over the scheduling of mythfilldatabase.

By the way, I finally had to configure myth to ignore
SchedulesDirect's suggestion on when next to run, because it would
invariably run while 4 simultaneous programs were recording, thrashing
the disk and causing chunks of the recordings to be lost, thereby
greatly decreasing the WAF.  I have it set to run in the wee hours
every night when nothing is likely to be recording.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list