[mythtv-users] Enabling Xv on ATI HD 3200

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:59:50 UTC 2009

2009/4/27 Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>

> Kirk Bocek wrote:
>
>> Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, worth a go I think. A few months back my X1250 wasn't supported,
>>> but development seems very active. You might want to build the latest
>>> version rather than rely on your distro packages.
>>>
>>> P.
>>>

>> Where does one go for the latest radeon driver?
>>

> The instructions at http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git worked for
> me, other than having to work out the right path for autogen.sh's
> --prefix argument, and having to install an xorg devel package that
> I can't remember the name of.

Just looked for some more specific URLs and came across this:

http://www.botchco.com/agd5f/?p=33 (from here: http://www.x.org/wiki/radeon)

Which looks like very good news and perfect timing. :)

If anyone gets tear free ATI video now I'd love to know, if not I'll pop my
2600 back in to try it if anyone is interested. Only SD though, I can't
afford a flashy telly! :)

Cheers,

Ian