[mythtv-users] uPNP Stream to PS3 woes

Michael Craven mcraven at zone4solutions.com
Mon Apr 27 16:00:43 UTC 2009

I'm capturing AVC/AC3 fine to a file that myth writes as mpg on the
storage disk... I can see the Myth uPNP server from my PS3 and have no
issues surfing about the various menus to find recordings. When I try to
play a recording, I get a 'data corrupt' message. :-(

The files myth is writing are accessible from another uPNP server
running in my network and it will stream them to the PS3 just fine. I
was capturing AVC/AAC before and that wouldn't play on the PS3 without
transcoding no matter with server was doing the streaming.

Does anyone have some thoughts on why one server streams just fine and
the myth server seems to upset the PS3? The streams should be the same,
no? Beyond that, I assume others are doing post-capture transcodes/user
jobs? As a second option, can I get some direction to setting some
post-capture massaging up?

Many thanx.