[mythtv-users] IMDB Python batch update fails to retrieve posters

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:01:01 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/27 German Rodriguez <callmegar at gmail.com>:
> Hi:
>
> I'm using the IMDB python scripts to batch populate my metadata, so I'm
> running
>
> python find_meta.py -r /videos
>
> The metadata is found and loaded fine, the problem is at the end of the
> script I get the following exception:

> imdb_id=imdb_id,retries=defaultretries)
> TypeError: find_best_posters() got an unexpected keyword argument 'retries'

Look like you're using my modified version (with the retries argument)
of find_meta.py ; you need to use the modified imdbpy.py too that
supports multiple retry should imdb failed to respond on time.

Latest release of those patches relies on patch
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6245

The original patch can be found here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/6219/imdb_script5.patch

Or use my mythtv packages for ubuntu, it's all done for you.

Jean-Yves