[mythtv-users] Adding manual schedule directly to database

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 26 20:31:34 UTC 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009 14:17:19 Chris Reeves wrote:

> For the record, I'm trying to set up a way to text message recordings to my
> mythtv box, so if a way to do this already exists, I'd love to hear about
> that too.

By 'text message" do you mean actual SMS messages from a cell phone? Or do you
mean text-based CLI over the internet? You can use the telnet interface,
though it would probably be safer to ssh in and then telnet locally.

You could use telnet safely if you used port knocking, limiting it to a single
IP or some other security measures, I wouldn't use it generally over the
internet.

Setting up an SMS interface would be difficult, but a lot of phones, like my
Blackberry, can send straight emails. There are SMS to email gateways out
there, if you are limited to actual SMS.

--
beww
beww at beww.org