[mythtv-users] IMDB Python batch update fails to retrieve posters

German Rodriguez callmegar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 18:27:20 UTC 2009

Hi:

I'm using the IMDB python scripts to batch populate my metadata, so I'm
running

python find_meta.py -r /videos

The metadata is found and loaded fine, the problem is at the end of the
script I get the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "find_meta.py", line 1001, in <module>
    main()
  File "find_meta.py", line 996, in main
    scan(path, options.imdb_id)
  File "find_meta.py", line 885, in scan
    scan_directory(root)
  File "find_meta.py", line 846, in scan_directory
    scan_file(video)
  File "find_meta.py", line 811, in scan_file
    save_metadata(pathName, metadata_target, metadata)
  File "find_meta.py", line 574, in save_metadata
    save_metadata_to_mythdb(videopath, metadata)
  File "find_meta.py", line 311, in save_metadata_to_mythdb
    return save_video_metadata_to_mythdb(videopath, metadata)
  File "find_meta.py", line 369, in save_video_metadata_to_mythdb
    coverfile = find_poster_image(title, inetref)
  File "find_meta.py", line 523, in find_poster_image
    title, count=1, accept_horizontal=True,
imdb_id=imdb_id,retries=defaultretries)
TypeError: find_best_posters() got an unexpected keyword argument 'retries'

I tried to troubleshoot the script with no luck (limited python knowledge).

Please advice.