[mythtv-users] How to limit 2xDVB-S (+DiSEqC) to 1 LNB at a time?

David Lister foceni at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 15:39:01 UTC 2009

Jelte Veldstra wrote:
> Not that I have a lot of experience with DVB-S setups and DiSEq, but it
> seems to me that on the adapter (or settopbox) "side" of the switch can
> only be a single tuner. It seems to me there are only two solutions:
>
> 1) Remove the switch and run two coax cables from each tuner to each LNB
> (1 to 1 connections)
> 2) Make the LNBs twin LNBs, add a second switch and have both tuners
> connect through a switch to these twin LNBs
>
> The first one would be the least expensive, but the second gives more
> flexibility in recordings. Your current setup can maybe be used if you
> use inputgroups:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6

I thought as much. Actually, I have quattro LNB's and I feed the
whole house via the multiswitch. Quattros with their fixed outputs
served by the switch alone was the most scalable solution I could
find. Unfortunately, each room is provided with just one cable.

For now, I grabbed a second cable from the next room, where it's
unused, so all's well and I'm happy again. :)

Thank you,
David