[mythtv-users] Setting channels and timeslots in guide grid since mythui update

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 22:15:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 3:11 PM, cliche <thigger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically it's exactly the same as the standard ui.xml with the added lines:
>
>         <channels>7</channels>
>         <timeslots>5</timeslots>
>
> within the guidegrid section. Apologies if that's the wrong way to do it but
> it seemed the correct way to replicate the old behaviour from when I was
> able to set the number of channels and timeslots myself.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> tom

Well that makes it easy :).  The ui.xml file is no longer used.
Instead, most of the core themes besides Terra are falling back to
screens in default and default-wide.  The windows you want are not in
the G.A.N.T directory, but in default (for 4:3 themes) and
default-wide (for 16:9 themes) off of the share dir.  Edit
schedule-ui.xml and edit windows programguide (for the non-preview
EPG) and programguide-video (for the preview EPG from liveTV).

Come back if you have trouble with that part.

Robert