[mythtv-users] Setting channels and timeslots in guide grid since mythui update

cliche thigger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 21:54:04 UTC 2009

I note that in converting the programme guide to mythui the facility for
controlling the number of channels and timeslots displayed has been removed
in favour of allowing the theme makers to decide for us. I also note that
most themes don't use this facility as presumably they're expecting the old
behaviour of user-decides.

Specifically I'm using G.A.N.T. and want to go back to my preferred settings
of channel and timeslot number. I appreciate I could do this by editing the
defaults in the code but I'm hoping to be a bit neater and do it in the
theme where it's expected.

of the two guidegrid sections within ui.xml in the G.A.N.T. directory, but
this doesn't seem to have had any effect - the number of channels and
timeslots remains at the default.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice appreciated.

thanks

tom