[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:07:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Josh Mastronarde <jmastron at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you compile yourself, the patch is available in the ticket I filed:
>  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6406.
>
> Josh

Wow...I had seen this thread before and didn't really follow it.  I
started encountering these remote/keyboard delays over the last few
days after installing some upgrades on my Gentoo frontend...the only
really significant one being an upgrade from xorg-server 1.3 to 1.5.3.

I don't know if the upgrade was related or just a coincidence, but
since that I've occasionally seen exactly what other describe.  I'll
go to pause a recording (for example) and nothing would happen.  Like
others here I first thought it was a remote issue until one time when
it occurred when I was able to try the keyboard and discovered that
the keyboard IO seemed to be blocked (or buffered or whatever) as
well.  It can last as long as 30 seconds or more before suddenly
reacting to the input.

In my case this was always when watching DVB-T mpeg
recordings....pretty much the only thing I use the internal player
for.

Last night I added your patch to the custom ebuild on my frontend and
recompiled.  I'll see how it goes.  Quite an amazing find on your
part...thanks!

Tom