[mythtv-users] Getting into HD

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:19:10 UTC 2009

> Yes, I apologize for the misleading subject. Thanks for all the replies.
> Even if I get the wife to agree, neither of my HDTVs, where the cable
> boxes would sit, are near my mythbackend, so I have to deal with that
> too.

I haven't used a STB but I believe it is recommended to have a STB
that is dedicated to mythtv rather than sharing one with mythtv and
having people use it for regular TV. Problems arise with the channel
changing and mythtv not knowing what channel it is on. I think there
are scripts that try to keep all of this straight. Even then there
isn't anything to stop someone from coming up and changing the channel
right in the middle of a recording.