[mythtv-users] Mytharchive issues (yet AGAIN!)

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 23:37:55 UTC 2009

I have a recording that I want to archive on DVD.  For some reason,
mytharchive just isn't cooperating.  The recording was made off of my
digital pcHDTV550 card (the DVB side).  At first I tried using the
mytranscode script that Rod Smith wrote, and that I've used before, but
the audio was about 30 seconds ahead of the video no matter what I
tried.  The thread that I followed a few months ago concerning that can
be found at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/361593?search_string=mytranscode;#361593.

So, I figured I'd try the stock mytharchive.  No matter what I told it
to do for transcoding (SP, EP, or LP), the process would fail with the
following:

Unknown encoder 'mpeg2video'
ERROR: Failed while running ffmpeg to re-encode video.
Command was ffmpeg -threads 2 -v 1 -i
"/storage/recordings/3131_20090421000600.mpg" -r ntsc -target dvd -b
4771k -s 720x480 -acodec copy -copyts -aspect 16:9
"/storage/temp/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1

The last thing that I tried was to use the "do not transcode" option.
This process completed but when I burn the DVD and try to watch it, it
is only 10 seconds long.  So what do I have to do to get a valid DVD of
this recording?  I can post logs if anyone wants to see them
(mythburn.log or progress.log).  I've had nothing but issues with
Mytharchive, which should be a seemless process IMO.

Thanks for any help,
Harry