[mythtv-users] what keys to use for custom bindings

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:40:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> > I want to add some new functions to go directly to some screens, but
> wonder
> > if there is a recommended keyboard buttons to use to bind .
> >
> > eg can I use Upper case keys or symbols or ALT+  etc..
> >
> Mythweb has a nice section in the settings that will show all of the
> key bindings. That makes it easy to see what is available. I think I
> ended up going with Alt+ or Ctrl+ because there weren't very many of
> one of them assigned by default.

You can certainly use Ctrl and Alt modifiers in the key bindings.  However,
the nifty mythweb interface for sending remote control commands has a Shift
button but not Ctrl or Alt.  (It would probably be easy to add, but I never
looked into it.)  If you care about the mythweb interface, try to avoid Ctrl
and Alt.

Jim