[mythtv-users] OT: Re: Poster "Knows" about KMail flaw, was:Re: Comcast KNOWS...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 23 19:34:42 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 09:24:10 Andreas Schlehahn wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 23 April 2009 07:42:41 schrieb Brian Wood:
> > For some reason my mail client (KMail) was unable to quote the final
> > comments by hitting "reply", (quoted above, by cut and paste).
>
> yeah, mine too (KMail 1.11.2)
>
> > I believe that the poster was aware of this flaw in KMail, and
> > specifically tailored the post to cause KMail users to not be able to
> > respond easily, or to top post and thus get flamed.
>
> Nope, I bet Comcast did it.
>
> > I seriously doubt that ComCast is aware of or even cares about the
> > scanning problem with Myth. If they know anything at all about the Myth
> > community, they would realize that the problem will be solved fairly
> > quickly.
>
> MythTV is threatening Comcast's stream of revenue from renting out Set Top
> Boxes. That is a KNOWN fact.

Perhaps, but that argument would lead to the conclusion that Silicon Image is
the problem, as well as the makers of all those TV sets out there with clear
QAM tuners.

MythTV users are probably way down on Comcast's list of threats to STB rental
revenue.

Not that I would be surprised if Comcast were to do what was suggested, but:

They are not that smart.

They are not that aware of MythTV

It wouldn't work anyway.

--