[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 00:01:36 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/23 David Miller <dave at justdave.net>:
> I just picked up the svn204441 (that seems like too many digits for an
> svn revision anyway) version from your repo and now mythfrontend refuses
> to start, citing that pulseaudio is running and Myth wasn't compiled
> with pulseaudio support.

This is a change that was issued in fixes.
There was a long discussion in the mythtv development list .

Mythtv now won't work with pulseaudio running.

> To make matters worse, Synaptic for some reason doesn't want to allow me
> to force the version back to the previous one (It just does nothing when
> I hit Force Version after picking the version to force to).

You must force the version to all packages at once..
A safe approach is remove a package all mythtv packages rely on:
libmyth ; this will uninstall all mythtv packages
then do a reload
then re-install mythtv

And I made a mistake when I entered the revision number :(
so the next upgrade won't be automatic ..

Sorry for that