[mythtv-users] Audio sync and VDPAU

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 22:23:14 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/22 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
> There is a slight audio-video desync with Temporal 2x playback,
> though. It's minor enough that the advantages of VDPAU are still worth
> it, for me at least.

I have noticed sometimes when playing a recording , if you pause, then
play again: you get a stuttering in the video and the sound isn't
synced. Press pause/play again and it's fixed.

it's rather minor.

For me VDPAU is all about the deinterlacing... they are really good...
and it's very stable too...

It seems to me than most of the issues encountered are when using
low-end video cards like the 8400... when using a faster card there
are far less issues.

BTW, nvidia moved 180.51 from pre-release to official status.

Jean-Yves