[mythtv-users] Is my video card toast?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 18:18:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Roger Heflin <rogerheflin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Check the capacitors on the card, I have a 3-4 year old 6200 that
> several of the capacitors are damaged with a couple of them having
> leaked out the internal fluid, the card mostly works until you attempt
> to start X.

I think this may be exactly the issue.  There was some crust/gunk
(highly technical term for it) on a few of the capacitors, and I
scraped most of it off.

Would this have been caused by overheating, age, or something else (or
impossible to tell as it is a case-by-case situation)?  I just don't
want to have to repeat this process with a my replacement card.