[mythtv-users] mythtranscode Floating point exception with 720p content

David Herman dherman516 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:09:42 UTC 2009

I am having a problem with trunk based mythtranscode. Any time I try
processing 720p content, mythtranscode immediately dies with a "Floating
Point Exception". I have run it with a "-v all" and see nothing that looks
suspect.

Content in quesiton is OTA 720p recorded off FOX last september (using a HD
Homerun). I am in the process of backing up recordings from the last year
and have a hit a little bump here... 1080i content works just fine.  The
material plays back without incident using the internal player or mplayer. I
have regenerated the seek table via mythcommflag without incident either

If someone could give me steps to procure what ever data is pertinant, I
would be happy to follow them and post them

Dave