[mythtv-users] Inconsistent treatment of starttime/endtime vs runtime

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 20 05:58:53 UTC 2009

<keeping it short so I'm not accused of berating you>

On 04/20/2009 01:52 AM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> I already -said- that I manually padded -everything- to some degree.
> I'm saying that this solution is insufficient.  To put this more clearly:

Which means /you/ agreed to all the consequences involved with
overlapping start/end times.  If Myth unilaterally messes with
already-properly-aligned (though perhaps inaccurate) start/end times, it
will cause conflicts for poor unsuspecting users who don't have as many
tuners as you.

People are already upset enough that they have to manually do start
early/end late to account for overlaps caused by some stations starting
or ending a minute or two later than other stations.  If Myth just adds
extra time to the /displayed/ start and end times, it will upset a lot
more people.

IMHO, the only patch that should be considered is one that stores the
runtime in the DB and displays it for the user to see when choosing
appropriate start early/end late times.

Mike