[mythtv-users] Inconsistent treatment of starttime/endtime vs runtime

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:53:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM,  <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
>    > Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:59:59 -0700
>    > From: Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
>
>    > You may disagree with him, but his opinion and his contributions to
>    > myth outpace almost anyone's.
>
> So you're saying that if he poisons the well by misunderstanding the
> problem and then uses that misunderstanding to berate me instead, no
> one who actually has commit access gets to voice an opinion?  Loudest
> and first wins every time?

I don't recall his berating you-- did I miss an e-mail somewhere?

> Meanwhile, you've completely ignored the actual meat of both my
> message -and- the issue under discussion, and turned this into
> an issue of personalitiies, rather than the actual code.

Not at all.  From some fairly thorough discussion of your post on
Freenode, I (and others, devs included) have simply come to the same
conclusion Mike did.  So that information stands and I didn't see a
need to restate it.  As Mike was the only one courteous enough to
write you a thorough, thoughtful answer and you decided to respond so
negatively, I wouldn't anticipate getting the "developer only"
response you're hoping for in this thread.

> Let's try to stick to the technical merits of the bug here, please.

That would be a great deal easier were there merits to the purported
"bug," technical or otherwise.

Robert