[mythtv-users] mythweb and imdb

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 23:09:24 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/19 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> At least read the referenced web page /before/ you start telling people how
> to make tmdb.pl work.

I wasn't telling people how to make tmdb.pl work ; it was within the
context of getting the pyimdb scripts to work.. Mainly to point out
that the issue wasn't specific to my mods ..

I hadn't updated my trunk copy in the last 2 weeks ; which is why I
didn't see your fix on tmdb.pl

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tmdb.pl
>
> The bug has been fixed--and it's exactly opposite what you think is a bug.
>  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6390

What's the "opposite" of a bug ? especially if fixed :)

Personally, I think that mythweb should be modified and not every
individual grabber. There are more than just the tmdb or imdb grabber
; and the various extra parameters that the old imdb.pl takes and that
mythweb has hardcoded aren't documented.

That way the fix in mythweb would make the imdb.pl replacement easy
with any other grabber.
Considering the imdb.pl isn't supported anymore, it seems illogical to
keep using call arguments that are simply going to be ignored and
there weren't documented.

My $0.02
Jean-Yves