[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and Laptop Questions
g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 20:24:28 UTC 2009
I have an HP dv9620us laptop with a busted screen. To continue to use an
otherwise good laptop, I'm thinking about using it as a MythTV FE/BE. If I
connected an HDHomerun, would this be capable of capturing and displaying
cable HD content?
* Microprocessor: 1.9 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology
* Microprocessor Cache: 512 KB + 512 KB L2 cache
* Memory: 2048 MB DDR2
* Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M (UMA)
* Video Memory: Up to 559MB
* Hard Drive: 240 GB (5400 RPM) Dual HDD - 120 GB + 120 GB(SATA)
I also had a question about the HDHomerun. The specs on silicondust.comstate:
* 8-VSB (ATSC over-the-air digital TV)
* QAM64/256 (unencrypted digital cable TV)
I do not plan to use an antenna. Would I be able to receive both
unencrypted digital AND analog digital over both of the HDHomerun inputs. I
always assumed that I'd be able to tune in analog cable, but after reading
the specs, now I'm not sure.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users