[mythtv-users] No text, but only on live TV over lays...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 19 03:49:25 UTC 2009

On 04/18/2009 07:10 PM, stuart wrote:
> Got another one I can't figure out.
>
> I am running a front end on a mythtv slave back end box.  Watching
> live TV works - but there is no text (channel number, call letters,
> description) in the over lay (i.e. I see the overlay graphics, but
> there is no text).  A front end running on the master back end mythtv
> box works great.  Mythtv menus are working fine on both boxes.
>
> I thought it might be missing fonts - I found some fonts instructions
> in a Debian mythtv howto and added them - but that hasn't made any
> difference.
>
> Anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

You're likely missing the fonts you need--possibly the MS core web
fonts.  However, the specific fonts you need are determined by the OSD
theme.  Try changing OSD themes and see if it works with other themes.
You can check osd.xml in the theme to find out what font is required for
your chosen theme.

Mike