[mythtv-users] Storage placement

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Sat Apr 18 15:27:50 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
>
>> Hey Guys.
>>
>> I'm build a setup with 2 BE and 3FE. In that matter my MBE allways runs
>> (2xHVR4000) - and delievering LIVETV.
>> My SBE holds 1HVR4000 and 1 PVR500.
>>
>> But for use in all house - where should I place my Storage.
>> My MBE holds 4 SATA 500GB disc With the storage capacity shared across using
>> NFS.
>> But The machine cannot any more - And If I want to add more capacity from
>> the SBE ( Which is using WOL) Is it possible to more capacity from that
>> Machine - evt to hold some special koncerts etc - That I want to keep - but
>> does not see that often. Is there a way to register that this storage isn't
>> available unless MBE has started the SBE. But then again I will not let the
>> SBE run all the time - So have do I best o this - if its possible?
>>

> No but it would work. My SBE is off many times over the last year and
> I have 1TB of recordings on the SBE. The only problem that this causes
> is that when in the recordings list if you select a recording that is
> on the SBE it takes a few seconds to get out of that selection. I
> guess if I turn off previews I would not have this problem.
>
> John

Thanks for the reply.

When chosen to see some of the recording places on the SBE - what
happens then - should you manually wake it - or does Myth That?
Caurse when tunrning on my SBE (It shoots down after 60secs - my choice)
But would it wake to see the recording ? - If you disabled preview?
Thanks again!
Per