[mythtv-users] Live TV/recording playpack picture only the first time

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 14:49:44 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/19 Jurgen Kramer <gtmkramer at xs4all.nl>:
> I finally took the plunge and added a Asus 8400GS to my MythTV combined
> FE/BE to prolong its live (offloading HD decoding) . The onboard GPU
> (nForce 630) is now disabled.
> When I watch Live TV or a recording a get picture, sound and even color
> OSD (!) without problem but when I try watching Live TV a second time or
> select another recording I only get a blank screen and sound...

Are you using OpenGL rendering by any chance ?

This is a known bug with OpenGL on nvidia cards with nvidia drivers >
169.x. It was reported many moons ago, but they haven't fixed it.

The work-around is to force the version of OpenGL to 1.2.

Apply this set of patches:
http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/fixes-patches/

That will fix it.
Jean-Yves