[mythtv-users] Still no playback...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 11:38:52 UTC 2009

On 18/04/2009, Andrea Giuliano <sarkiaponius at alice.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  some weeks ago I stopped seeing any playback from MythTV without any
>  reason, apparently. All I got is a black screen, though sometimes a "flash"
> appears on the screen, but no part of a recording is seen.

<snip>

>  I will try to post any log or configuration files that could be useful.

Please post the mythfrontend console (or logfile) output when trying
to play back a recording. Your problem is likely due to either
malconfiguration of your video drivers (OpenGL?) or bad MythTV
playback settings (or both). Try using the default playback settings
(Xv playback, no deinterlacer) to see whether you can get any
playback.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott