[mythtv-users] Mythmusic - Compilation albums reverting back to individual albums

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 18 11:03:14 UTC 2009

I'm going to use 2 of my 'compilation' albums as an example,

Album one, all tracks tagged with the album name 'Donnie Darko
Soundtrack', each track has a different artist tag. When scanned by
Myth somehow it goes in as a single compilation album with the album
name 'Soundtrack' (I have no idea where this even comes from!!)

Album two, same scenario, all tracks tagged with the album name
'Motown classics' and different artists for each. When scanned each
track creates an entry in the album table for each artist/album
combination. Now I can fix this by removing all but one album, setting
that to be a compilation album and linking it to artist 'Various' or
similar.

The problem I'm having is eventually the scanning mechanism will
revert these albums of the second type back to non-compilation,
re-adding entries into the album table for each artist/album
combination again and splattering my collection with lots of unwanted
artists. The compilations seemed to stay put for a while even after
scanning but now a few of them have reverted back.

Some files may get deleted and re added to the hard disk because they
are synced by an external device using rsync and some times it thinks
they have changed due to access times or something similar (rsync is
not configured correctly basically) Maybe this is related?

Many thanks