[mythtv-users] AV-Sync problem

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 10:36:46 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/18 David Wong <david.wong at marvel.com.hk>:
> Konichiwa~ ( but that clip is indeed a Taiwan channel :) )
>
> I just found with Mythtv 0.21 branch r20300 with vdpau patch, standard decoder and xv-blit,
> that 2 minutes clip is not long enough to show audio buffer underrun on my Nvidia 9400 IGP
>
> With "svn trunk", you mean 0.22 working trunk?
> I will have a try on it later.

This is more likely a ffmpeg issue than a VDPAU issue.
ffmpeg in 0.21 is rather outdated .. For examples, I've seen a few
h264 videos with AAC audio completely out of sync and lots of error
like you mentioned..

Mind you, the ffmpeg in 0.22 isn't that much better. The video with
AAC audio that I couldn't play with 0.21 still fail in 0.22 ; except
this time the issue is different. It either plays the sound at an
extremely low speed ; or it simply crashes.

Can't wait for the next ffmpeg sync ; this is what will make me move to trunk.

Jean-Yves