[mythtv-users] How can I get my monitorless backend to start up

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Apr 17 21:56:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, April 17, 2009 2:51 pm, Brian Wood wrote:

> Thanks Yan, I knew there had to be a better answer.

People forget that X is a client/server protocol.  XDMCP runs locally on
your machine; there's no difference to it when running remotely.  X
doesn't care.

> I don't use GDM (I'm a KDE fan). I'm guessing KDM has similar features
> though.

I would guess so as it's innate to X and really has nothing to do with the
login manager.

> I agree VNC is probably not needed, could he just forward X over an ssh
> link.

On a local network, why forward via ssh?  Just shove the whole session
down the pipe.

:-)

--Yan

--