[mythtv-users] xorg-server-1.5 & Intel driver causing mythfrontend to segfault

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 15:05:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Cory H <coryhoneyman at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Its the resolution of the recorded video.
>>
>> For testing, try creating a new profile that only has 1 entry. Change the settings in this entry to test. It will automatically create one when you make a new profile.
>>
>> To check the media's dimensions, codecs, and such, I like using the mediainfo program. http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
>>
>> There are other ways,such as seeing what tuner was used, and what it is set up to save the fale as, but I can't remember exactly where it is in the settings.
>>
>> But as for your origional problem, have you tried other media players (like mplayer, xine, etc) to see if they crash?
>
> Indeed, mplayer is probably the easiest to test as far as changing
> output drivers is concerned, via the -vo switch.
>
> For a full list of what your mplayer is compiled with do
>
> mplayer -vo help
>
> to test xv use
>
> mplayer -vo xv filename.avi
>
> try some of the others too.

OK, just tried

mplayer -vo xv FILE.avi   and it crashed X

I also tried

mplayer FILE.avi   and that crashed also.

Here's what I see for mplayer itself. Any suggestions before I hunt
and peck my way through all of them>

Thanks,
Mark

[detached]
dragonfly ~ # mplayer -vo help
MPlayer SVN-r28450-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (Family: 15, Model: 3, Stepping: 3)
Available video output drivers:
        xv      X11/Xv
        x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
        xover   General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
        gl      X11 (OpenGL)
        gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        sdl     SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
        v4l2    V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
        null    Null video output
        mpegpes MPEG-PES file
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
        png     PNG file
        jpeg    JPEG file
        gif89a  animated GIF output
        md5sum  md5sum of each frame