[mythtv-users] SVN, M2TS, MKV and the internal player

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Fri Apr 17 13:36:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 11:55 +0000, Nasa wrote:

> 1.  Playing m2ts files seem to work, with the exception of seeking.  If I try to seek the time goes all weird (usually the time
> will go from where it orginally at to the end of the movie time, however the film is still at the original spot)

I see that sometimes

> 2. MKV plays fine -- however, there doesn't seem to be a way to switch audio/subtitle streams.  Am I missing something?

Hit 'M' and scroll down. Sometimes there is an entry for audio tracks. I
have seen movies where neither myth not xine or mplayer (all SVN) could
decode the audio tracks. Just have to wait for the code to be written.

I don't think I've ever seen subtitles work if they are in a separate
file. Sometimes I have to pause myth, start mplayer and seek to the
current position just to read the subtitles! Then back to myth...