[mythtv-users] Possible problem with updated SchedulesDirect/TMS listings

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 04:22:03 UTC 2009

On 4/16/2009 10:32 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> I just filed a lineup report on the SD website. Survivor was
> incorrectly showing as a rerun this week and last week, though I
> didn't verify what it said on the zap2it website. However, next week
> Survivor is once again showing up as a rerun in the SD data (I just
> refreshed it), but shows as a new episode on the zap2it site.

First, keep in mind the current data feed *NEVER*  flags a show as a
rerun.  There isn't even a field to do it.

1. It can flag a show as *new*  (not new is not necessarily a rerun)
2. It can set a unique program-id. (it uses a generic-id when it doesn't
have any details)
3. It can provide the "original air date"

As as been mentioned on this list there were problems with the data
server giving outdated (typically generic) information.  This was fixed
Wed around 7pm EDT.

Wed 4/15 01:45 EDT - Had generic data for Survivor (SH* program id)
Wed 4/15 17:06 EDT - Has  current data (flagged new)
Thu  4/16 11:49 EDT -  Has current data (flagged new)

I wonder if your MythTV box downloaded any data after 7pm Wed.

When you say you just refreshed data, did you look at the raw downloaded
data or just check your MythTV box?  I think SD has been correct since
7pm Wed.

Robert
Schedules Direct