[mythtv-users] Why has no one implemented subtext commercial filtering? (apology)

Kevin Ar18 kevinar18 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 01:56:23 UTC 2009

Well, it seems my topic on commercial filtering was not taken well.

I looked over my original post on the topic to see if I said something in a mean spirited way.

* As far as I can tell, I didn't insult anyone or anything in the message itself.

* However, I think it was suggested that the title of the email was a problem -- implying "do this right away you lowly developers or else" :)  Hmm... I know I didn't have the right attitude when I posted to the list, so I'm guessing somehow that came out in some way.  Anways, I apologize for posting with a bad attitude.

Still I don't think the original post was the problem.  I'm guessing it was my reply to Robert that upset people.  Well, I won't comment on his reply, as that's not the point; but I apologize to Robert and all for my attitude/anger in my reply back.

I guess that takes care of things -- hopefully to leave you all in a positive mood instead of feeling all upset over this issue.

I realize there were issues brought up over formatting of emails, how to present suggestions, whether people should even present suggestions, whether regular users or only developer topics should be present, etc..., etc....  Anyways, I'm guessing that those weren't the real issue, but were more just frustration on your part with having too many issues to deal with -- information overload.  I realize how this "noise" can be a problem to actual development of the project.  I know that if I were working closely with developers on a project, that I would want to help alleviate the problem.  --  Doing something to make users' suggestions, discussion, etc... less distracting to the core development (and still get looked at at a better time).  So, I feel for you there. :)

Thanks,

Kevin

P.S.  I did want to mention that I re-subscribed to post this message and will probably un-subscribe from the list afterwards.  I think this is the best route to take.  Please don't take it in a bad way, but I felt I needed to at least mention it so nobody is left hanging, wondering what's gonna happen or if I'm gonna reply or whatnot.  I hope I left it on a good note, so you won't have to worry about this issue anymore.