[mythtv-users] Why has no one implemented subtext commercial filtering?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Apr 16 18:52:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 09:29:11AM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> I think part of the reason there's not a lot of enthusiasm for this is
> commercial detection already works very well for most people, at least
> in the U.S.  For most shows I watch the accuracy is well over 90%.  That
> makes putting in a lot of work to improve it by a few percentage points
> not very appealing.

   I would like to chime in with a "me too". Commercial detection already
works very well in MythTV. With the exception of a few shows that like to
make "explosive" scene transitions, we can leave skipping on all the time
and generally don't even have to be aware of these odd things called
commercials.