[mythtv-users] MythDVD deletes files after ripping

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Apr 16 17:11:10 UTC 2009

No, MTD handles the coordination of the ripping and transcoding as
well as providing progress updates to the frontend.

If it failed to read, then either the disc is bad/dirty, you had a
random error (sometimes taking the DVD out and putting it back in
solves it), or there is bad block copy protection on the disc. In my
experience, it's usually the latter. I don't know what the best way of
handling it is. I just go to the command line and rip it to an iso
file using:

/sbin/ddrescue -n -b 2048 /dev/cdrom /path/filename.iso /path/filename.log

That doesn't help if you want to rip individual tracks. You could
probably mount the iso somehow, then use the frontend to rip the
track, but I'm not sure what the correct way to do that would be

--
Ron