[mythtv-users] MythDVD deletes files after ripping

AdamC kabads at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:35:34 UTC 2009

I'm fairly new to mythtv (having set it up over the weekend) and so
have made a simple error here.

I'm trying to rip a dvd at the moment with libdvdcss3 installed
(mythbuntu) and have installed mythvideo. I have installed a new hard
drive and mounted it at /media/media with a sub directory of mythtv
owned by mythtv.mythtv and chmoded to 777. Recordings seem to work
fine here. I created a dvd subdir in this folder for my ripped dvds to
go in, with the same permissions.

When I rip the dvd, the file is being written and I can see it in a
terminal growing in size (I chose the perfect option to begin with -
don't want to play around with encoding yet).

However, when mythdvd gets to 100%, the file disappears. I checked the
/var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log and it has a binary blob in it after
the rip. You can see the log before and after.

What else can I check to see where this might be failing? I can watch
this dvd fine, but the damn file goes missing on completion.

TIA
Adam
--
http://www.monkeez.org