[mythtv-users] xorg-server-1.5 & Intel driver causing mythfrontend to segfault

Cory H coryhoneyman at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 20:31:38 UTC 2009

> Indeed, I did change something other than what you are suggesting.
> I tried changing the video--render to OpenGL but it still crashed.
> However it raised a question. The default setup had five different
> rows which seem to be driven either by what the recorded resolution is
> or else what the playback resolution is going to be. Which is it, and
> if it's the recorded resolution how do I determine what the resolution
> of the files on the server are?
> Thanks,
> Mark

Its the resolution of the recorded video.

For testing, try creating a new profile that only has 1 entry. Change the settings in this entry to test. It will automatically create one when you make a new profile.

To check the media's dimensions, codecs, and such, I like using the mediainfo program. http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

There are other ways,such as seeing what tuner was used, and what it is set up to save the fale as, but I can't remember exactly where it is in the settings.

But as for your origional problem, have you tried other media players (like mplayer, xine, etc) to see if they crash?