[mythtv-users] Why has no one implemented subtext commercial filtering?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 15 16:14:05 UTC 2009

On 04/15/2009 12:02 PM, Kevin Ar18 wrote:
> Why has nobody implemented a commercial filter based on subtext?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/325961#325961 (whole
thread from that point, at least), especially
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/325977#325977

> As far as I can tell, it could potentially be 100% accurate (or at
> least not get false negatives), would work on live and recorded feeds,
> would get around HDCP for filtering live feeds, and could all be done
> for free as open source.

HDCP is no problem--if you have an unencrypted signal, Myth can record
it.  If not, you can't record it.  If you can record it, you can
commflag it.  Commercial flagging is completely unaffected by HDCP.

Mike