[mythtv-users] Simultaneous Composite and Component Outputs -Mythbuntu HD

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:21:31 UTC 2009

> Yes I am asking about Twinview, with a twist, that is it is on two separate
> video cards instead of the more usual duplicate output from the same card (I
> hope I am correct here) and yes it is also asking them to each display two
> different resolutions. I was not expecting the configure program to include
> two graphics cards, however I have no idea...  As you say I may well end up
> trying this and reporting on the results.
> Kind regards
> David

I think Twinview only works with a single GPU with multiple outputs.
You may be able to get what you want by using Xinerama. Nvidia-xconfig
has settings for enabling multiple GPUs and for setting up Xinerama
(check the nvidia-xconfig man page). It sets up separate X-servers on
each GPU when you do multiple GPUs, and Xinerama uses multiple
X-servers as well, so I thought you may be able to get what you want
that way. Xinerama is supposed to support different resolutions also.
I think there are some limitations when you use Xinerama, but I don't
know what all of them are.