[mythtv-users] What happened to my KPIX recording rules?

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Apr 15 10:54:27 UTC 2009

Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Something strange happened recently with some of my recording rules.
>> Over the weekend, I did my first-ever HDHR OTA rescan, following the
>> instructions in this thread:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/366794 .  Then I
>> ran "mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --remove-new-channels" (these are
>> the arguments I always use for mythfilldatabase).  Later I discovered
>> that all of my recording rules for channel 5.1 KPIX-DT (CBS) were not
>> matching any listings, even though I could plainly see matches when I
>> looked at the listings.  I ended up fixing it by deleting and
>> recreating these recording rules.  I feel pretty certain that this was
>> related to the HDHR channel rescan.
>>
>> My question is, how could this have happened?  Am I in for more
>> surprises like this in June when all the stations change channels and
>> another rescan is necessary?
>
> Ugh.  It looks like 44.1 KBCW-DT was also a casualty.  WAF is on the
> decline...

A change of callsign definitely screws up recording rules, even rules like
"record any time, any channel".

Not at a myth box at the moment but I'm fairly sure of the table and
column names, but if you are comfortable poking around in the mysql
database, look at the callsign column in your program table, and compare
this to the station column in your record table. If the station value
doesn't match a current callsign in your program data, then the rule will
not match any programs, regardless of the record type.

You can fix this by updating the station value to match the appropriate
callsign value.

This bit me recently after a DVB-T rescan. I was planning to do a bit of
testing and submitting a query to this list to see if it was deemed to be
a bug (I think it is).
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts