[mythtv-users] Schedules direct question

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Wed Apr 15 06:26:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 09:58 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Phill Wiggin <alamar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> 2009-04-12 18:57:00.373 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
> >> (try 1 of 5)
> >> 2009-04-12 18:57:00.374 Connection timed out.
> >>                        You probably should modify the Master Server
> >>                        settings in the setup program and set the
> >>                        proper IP address.
> >> 2009-04-12 18:57:04.061 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
> >> (try 1 of 5)
> >> 2009-04-12 18:57:04.061 Connection timed out.
> >>                        You probably should modify the Master Server
> >>                        settings in the setup program and set the
> >>                        proper IP address.
> >>

> > Well, looks like your'e connecting to the database, but it'd dying when
> > trying to contact the Myth backend.  Have you run mythtv-setup and specified
> > the  Master Backend settings?  Also, do you have mythbackend running? (the
> > Myth daemon)
> >
> > I'm assuming you're working on a single machine (frontend and backend on the
> > same box), and if so, the 127.0.0.1 IP address in mythtv-setup should be
> > okay for you.  But, if you want to run remote frontends, you'll need to
> > change that setting to the IP address of the machine on your network (e.g.
> > 192.168.1.10 or similar).
> >
> > My first stab would be that you don't have mythbackend running. (Assuming
> > you've run mythtv-setup).
> >
> > --Phill
> >

> I ran into something like this a few days ago when I ran out of disk
> space on my server. Any chance that's happening here?

  No I have a good bit of room on that partition just yet, but i have
much more room on a partition dedicated to Myth-Tv recordings (if I ever
get that far), that I'd be willing to use for any Myth-tv purpose.  Is
that even possible, moving the relevant config and database files over
to the dedicated sapce?